Re: BECTA reported to the EU for procurement violation

  • Subject: Re: BECTA reported to the EU for procurement violation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 06:44:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 11 January 2007 05:39 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 09 January 2007 21:59 \__
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Well done 7 for raising it, though.  It's about time that the dubious
>>> practices of HMG were exposed in this area.  It's just not cricket to be
>>> in the pocket of foreign proprietary software vendors when advising on
>>> procuring software for the education of our children.
>>
>> And as inside information teaches us, there could be corruption involved,
>> which affects not only Open Source, but also British SMEs. I believe I am
>> permitted to 'leak' this...
>>

> I have to agree...

Here's a roundup, as well as some of the latest:

Becta report slams Microsoft academic licensing, dismisses Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Even ignoring the open source-related controversy surrounding these
| reports (see here, here , here, and here) the statistics are jaw-dropping.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/01/becta_report_sl.html
http://tinyurl.com/y6exp6

Microsoft seems to have plenty of groups in its bedroom. It's more like a
hotel filled with bedroom. Oh, wait, didn't Gates buy some hotel chain
recently? More relationships = more committment. This may also explain why
the Gates Foundation own so many companies and invests heavily in media.
Make the reporters dependent on Gates' wallet and they'll play nice.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | What is all that lipstick in XP's close button?
Tasks: 130 total,   1 running, 127 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie