Re: Europe Discriminated in Vista Pricing

  • Subject: Re: Europe Discriminated in Vista Pricing
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 06:17:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Thursday 25 January 2007 13:04 \__

> schavemetitz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Microsoft Discriminates Europe
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Are you thinking about buying Vista Ultimate? Think again! In the
>> | US the price for it is $380, and in Europe the price is around to
>> | 575 Euros ($744). And again Microsoft Corporation is discriminating
>> | the European people, and pushing them to acquire their operation
>> | systems from illegal sources.
>
> Ah, but that extra price is because of all the localisation that is
> required in Europe, eg in France all the messages have to be in French
> (what's the Canadian price again?), in the UK the messages have to be in
> /English/ (like Favo/u/rites , Colo/u/r, Network Neighbo/u/rhood, etc)...

It's also the shipping costs. Windows is being built and manufactured in the
States (or Costa Rica, IIRC). Oh, wait! Software is not a physical entity.
It's all ust a scam. But so is a world of a mono[poly|culture]. Bad product,
bad service, any desired price and policies (e.g. EULA, DRM, BitLocker No
Such Agency back doors) enforced...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows XP: Dude, where's my RAM?
Swap:  1036184k total,   400488k used,   635696k free,   118076k cached