Re: Microsoft Polices Web to Defend Vista

On Jan 24, 1:50 am, "Rex Ballard" <rex.ball...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> > Demand for Immediate Take-Down: Notice of Infringing Activity
>
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> > | URL:http://www.securegb.com/viewthread.php?tid=1171
> > |http://www.securegb.com/viewthread.php?tid=1198

> >http://www.securegb.com/viewthread.php?tid=1315

It looks like the problem was even worse, someone put the Windows image
into a BBS?
Talk about crazy.

Attempting to folllow the links, it looks like they took down this
content.

> > Related:
>
> >         Microsoft to take over MikeRoweSoft.com
>
> >http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/01/26/mikerowesoft.settle.ap/Unless the guy's name is Mike Rowe, he has a problem :D

And yes, the owner's name is Mike Rowe.  But it could be misleading.
I would have thought that Microsoft would have registered anything that
remotely
sounded like Microsoft, including any deviations in spelling.  But then
again, I guess it's just cheaper to file lawsuits after someone else
registers these names.