Re: [News] When Microsoft E-mails Go Public

> Software Notebook: Fun reading in Microsoft's Iowa lawsuit
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "I'd be glad to help tilt lotus into the death spiral," Silverberg
> | wrote in October 1991. "I could do it friday afternoon but not Saturday.
> | I could do it pretty much any time the (following) week."
> `----
>
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/300590_software22.html
>
> Many more are available.
>

> Related:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Allchin: "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should
> do
> | what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
> | system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
> | problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
> | need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
> | heart. Jim"
> `----
>
> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/allchins_buy_a_mac_email_exposed.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
> http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

Do you suppose that the corrective action to this observed situation was the
reason that Vista took additional time to perfect?  These comments were made
in 2004, some three years prior to Vista's release after all.  Are you
amazed that Microsoft might have some internal differences of opinion about
how to proceed in various areas?  It seems to me that Torvalds' calling
various things "ass hat ideas" is not so different from Microsoft managers'
criticism of internal elements there.