Re: Manualinux 6.1

  • Subject: Re: Manualinux 6.1
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:37:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 22 January 2007 02:36 \__

> spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Panther <cristianomacaluso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>> Hi, I'm Cristiano Macaluso and I've realized new English version of
>>> Manualinux 6.1.
>>> My original document is written in Italian, but I'm translating it in
>>> English (I'm almost in the middle of translation).
>>> You can find this documents in many extensions:
>>> .htm   .pdf   .odt  .doc .txt
>>
>>> The address is:
>>> www.manualinux.com
>>
>> It's at this point flatfish enters and asks if there're 1000 distributions
>> yet. Just thought I'd pre-empt him and tell him to piss off before he
>> does.
>> :)
>
> No need. It's not a distro, it's a documentation project.
>
> Oh but please feel free to tell him to piss off anyway. I hear he's in a
> bad mood ATM 'cos his shrink told him his condition is incurable, so he
> could probably use some cheering up.

The more (documentation), the merrier. The issues of 'fragmenting' the
knowledgebases is benign now that good search engines exist. Good
documentation will be cited the most and therefore get the attention it
deserves. It's Darwinism. Same principles apply to code and distributions.
Best components/distributions stay standing and other inherit (reuse) DNA
from the stronger contender.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Apache: commercial software's days are numbered
roy      pts/4                         Mon Jan 22 07:29 - 07:34  (00:04)