Re: [News] Desktop Linux No Longer Perceived as a Peculiar Choice

  • Subject: Re: [News] Desktop Linux No Longer Perceived as a Peculiar Choice
  • From: felmon john davis <davisf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:28:20 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 07:44:01 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>  But my sense of being a technical odd-ball in a
> | Windows world is becoming a thing of the past.

passing through German security at the Frankfurt Airport, a cheery
security guy pulled me aside to do a test on the computer which seemed to
involve swiping it and looking for some kind of tell-tale chemical
particles.

I joked with him, "hey, this isn't going to destroy my data?!" he
countered, "yes, and it will replace your system with Linux!" I retorted,
"well, it already has Linux." he wasn't at a loss, "ok, but then it will
upgrade it!"

of course, the joke was in a way _against_ Linux - 'scary system', 'data
loss' - but who'd a thought one would be engaged in witty repartee with a
security guard about Linux at all?

they didn't find any suspicious chemicals.

Felmon