Re: Novice linux user trying to give back to the community

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ Mike Horton ] on Sunday 21 January 2007 09:12 \__

Rebel Lion wrote:
Mike Horton wrote:

 Hello,

I would like to start by saying that I'm a novice Linux user who really
enjoys the freedom it offers. I'm an expert by no means but I love to
play around with Linux and help users, or "future" users out where I
can, which isn't to often but occasionally I can at least point someone
in the right direction.
  You could also say you don't even use it

That's got to be a real novelty a howto linux site by someone who doesn't use it ....

Just for your information I'm writing this from my desktop machine.  I
own 4 computers. My desktop machine, a secondary windows machine that my
girlfriend uses, my laptop which runs windows mce/suse 10.2 because all
the hardware isnt supported by linux like the dual usb tv tuner, and the
media reader, also my girlfriend uses the laptop from time to time and
she doesnt like linux.  Last but not least my lan fileserver running
suse 10.1

Not that I needed to explain all of this to you but its fucktards like
you that made me want to create this website.

Mike, this newsgroup is filled with some anti-Linux propaganda trolls. First they fight; later they'll just join.

I did what I could to help. As it's a new site, its news-worthy.

http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/HowToLinux_Us_An_Elitist_and_Troll_free_Linux_Web_Site_Take_off_Ground
http://tech.netscape.com/story/2007/01/21/howtolinuxus-an-elitist-and-troll-free-linux-web-site-take-off-ground/

Roy, thanks for the help I really appreciate it! I've noticed the trolls already and I don't know what flatfish is talking about, what I've seen of your posts so far they all seem to be news and not spam...
begin:vcard
fn:Mike Horton
n:Horton;Mike
email;internet:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Site Admin
note:howtolinux.us aims to be a new source of friendly linux support via howto documentation, support forums and linux news.
url:http://www.howtolinux.us
version:2.1
end:vcard