Re: Mircosoft's predatory response to GNU/Linux

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 10 July 2007 15:46 : \____

>> > systems with their computer hardware, effectively depriving consumers
>> > of any competitive choices.
>>
>> That's bs.  Everyone has always been free to build their own systems.
>> Nobody has to buy what OEMs sell.
>
> You're criticizing the plaintiff's petition.  Obviously it must be
> weak---that's why Microsoft settled, for what? $500 million this
> time?  Business as usual.

'"Most of those allegations had been out there .. And those e-mails were
old. We were very anxious to continue the trial so we could tell our
story." Rich Wallis, MS general counsel

'Wallis said Roxanne Conlin, the lead lawyer for the plaintiffs, called him
on Sunday, and the two of them met at a local Perkins restaurant" and
worked out most of the details.'

'Conlin .. said in a separate interview Wednesday that the plaintiffs and
Microsoft had held "sporadic discussions for quite a long time" about a
possible settlement'

'Neither Conlin nor Wallis would comment on whether the site was being
taken down as part of the settlement deal'

http://www.computerpartner.nl/article.php?news=int&id=4756

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: stop maintenance; get more actual work done
Tasks: 114 total,   1 running, 113 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie