Re: [News] Microsoft Has Already Taken Anti-Unified Standards Battle to Britain

"Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Microsoft?s 4th of July Trans-Atlantic assault on document standards
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| With OOXML and XPS, Microsoft has chosen to not work with existing
>>standards,
>>| but to create new ones, as they have in their recent announcement on
>>Web3S
>>| instead of working with the rest of the industry on the Atom Publishing
>>| Protocol. In the case of OOXML, this is a logical move on Microsoft?s
>>part,
>>| since it is an evolution of Microsoft?s XML strategy started with the
>>| Microsoft Office 2003 version and ODF will be a technology diversion
>>from
>>| that strategy. With Microsoft controlling 90% of the office productivity
>>| tools market and OOXML being the default file format for Microsoft
>>Office
>>| 2007, OOXML is likely to be widely-used.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Newton/?p=16
>>

> Apparently, Microsoft are claiming that the British Library and the
> National Archives have decided to use OOXML instead of a standard for
> documentation going forward - basically, they're standardising on
> "Microsoft Word".   Apparently, MS are claiming that OOXML is supported
> because
>
> Now, who, please, agreed to this insanity?  Can we get them out of their
> jobs?

Oh look - what a surprise. Everyone else is a clueless moron who ought be
fired for their incompetence. Nobody is capable of doing anything right,
understanding the technology, they cannot grasp the issues or otherwise
understand the "big picture."  Except for you, Roy Schestowitz and some
kooks named "flyer" and "7" of course.

You boys are the only ones who are intelligent enough to really know what's
going on. Everyone else in the world is simply wrong and clueless. That's
why they are running multi-national corporations and government computing
agencies and you guys are posting to some worthless newsgroup around the
clock with your incredible insight.

That pretty much sums up your position does it not?