Re: Over 100 Projects Already on GPLv3, at Least 5,000 More on the Way

____/ Ramon F Herrera on Tuesday 10 July 2007 02:56 : \____

> On Jul 9, 8:29 pm, cc <scatnu...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Jul 9, 8:01 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> > GPLv3 attracts 116 projects in first week
>>
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>>
>> >http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2193729/gplv3-draws-116-projects-...
>>
>> > Recent:
>>
>> > GPL3 welcomed by IBM, Red Hat, Novell, MySQL
>>
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>>
>> >http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa/GPL3-welcomed-by-IBM-Red-Hat-Nov...
>>
>> > MS: Dancing as fast as it can to try to get away from GPLv3
>>
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>>
>> >http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070705205728953
>>
>> Is the code you use to post the same stories in an
>> endless loop being licensed under GPLv3?

I'm all GPLv3! ;-)

> If CNN, Faux News and others do it, why not Roy?

Check out this comment that I've just seen (on my short article):

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/7/9/22864

"Having twice worked in industries that have been undermined by non-traditional
competition (in this case, traditional competition might be another company
that was selling an OS, ie, probably not Linux or Google), I'm reasonably sure
that there will be a number of alarm signals that will sound should Linux
adoption break out of the niche zone. In my experience, these are often heard
internally, but are ignored at a corporate level, because there is no
available response. One of these companies publishing paid-for magazines for
managers and it was fatally sunk by magazines that were given away free.
Turned out that the advertisers didn't give two hoots for the editorial
quality, and the subs just didn't cover the costs of the journalists."

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=