Re: [News] Novell Just Betrayed by Microsoft, But It Continues Stomping on Linux/FS

In article <1704527.uLRYoVsJjJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> > Apple is next? Next for what? Basing a major parts of a popular OS on
> > Open Source? Regularly contributing to OS projects? Starting Open Source
> > projects? <http://www.apple.com/opensource/>
> >
> > Buy a clue, Bailo. Apple is not now, nor ever has been a company with
> > monopoly power, much less abused it. Is Jobs as big a bully as Gates?
> > Possibly bigger. But at least Apple does contribute back to the OSS world.
>
> Rick, people have criticised them before for not being open source
> contributors, but open source consumers. As for monopoly abuse, have a look at
> Europe's iTunes ban. Their DRM is a form of monopoly abuse, which leads to
> blame that they divert to record labels.
>
> When Apple releases some software to Linux, that would be wonderful. Until
> then, Apple is just another company that integrates hardware with software and
> keeps a close eye on what people say about them.

Your two paragraphs above are well-formed, follow the rules of grammar,
and in general are coherent and competently written.  I'd have to say
you have mastered the art of writing.

So it is somewhat surprising that you haven't dabbled in the related art
of reading, as it usually goes quite well with writing.  I suggest you
give it a try, starting with the link Rick posted.

--
--Tim Smith