[News] [Rival] Microsoft Fails to Meet XBox Sales Target, Faces Other Problems

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Fails to Meet XBox Sales Target, Faces Other Problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:03:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Xbox 360 shipments fail to reach target

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft acknowledged on Thursday that, in addition to experiencing an
| unacceptably high rate of hardware failures with the Xbox 360, the game
| console has also failed to reach its sales target.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9740059-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

The investors are yet to realise that they lose $billions because of this
venture, which has been a miserable failure (no matter how often Microsoft
denies it).

Yesterday:

Microsoft facing $1bn Xbox bill

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, has not revealed how many of its machines have suffered the
| problem, but said the number was "bigger than we are comfortable with."

Rumor: Is Microsoft cheating their [Xbox 360] sales?

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, there are some sobering thoughts with very broad implications
| for any company if that were true. That being said, would you buy
| from Microsoft, or any other company for that matter, if they were
| cheating their sales?
`----

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumor-Is-Microsoft-cheating-their-sales-/pg/49/aid/89595

30% failure rate haunts Xbox 360 image