Re: [News] Mac Software Nicks Linux-y Code

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 02 July 2007 13:26 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>
>>> Parallels Desktop for Mac
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> Well, well, does it indeed?

>> Another proprietary vendor exploiting Free Software developers, without
>> giving back to the community. I wonder how many Mac users know that
>> their $80 is funding this unethical behaviour.
>>

> Presumably the sabres will start to rattle soon.

I spoke to someone about this and it's not clear if this will reach the stage
of litigation. Perhaps Linux will gain from a commercial company's hard
labour. Those who cheat will see their so-called IP (and maybe
money) 'funnelled' to those who were cheated.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: most popular O/S, yet not most widespread
Cpu(s): 26.0%us,  4.5%sy,  0.9%ni, 64.1%id,  4.0%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st