Re: [News] [Rival] Man Breaks World Record: 12 Broken XBoxes in a Row

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 02 July 2007 12:35 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 01 July 2007 12:22 : \____
>>
>>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> And about time this chap stopped buying them?
>>
>> No, no. It's the thrill of publicity. One of those shill Microsoft investors
>> from fool.com (associated with MSN for all I can tell) had like 5 of them
>> broken... yes, 4 or 5 in a row. But he still loves MSFT, probably because he
>> mu$t. He reported similar issues with other products such as the Zune, IIRC.
>> I posted this to COLA.
>>

> That is, err, strange.  Still, we have some of them resident here, do we
> not?

I've just found the article I was thinking about...

Microsoft's Xbotch

,----[ Quote ]
| Strike three
|
| A few days later, the Xbotch console No. 2 gasped its last breath
| under the none-too-heavy strain of a family member's brief check-in
| with a garden in Viva Pinata. I was treated not only to a spooky
| "E 74" error screen, but I also got the famous red ring of death.
| More phone calls to a more understandable, and more sympathetic,
| Xbotch representative led to a diagnosis of DOA, and I'm still
| waiting for the postage-paid packing materials that will whisk my
| Xbotch to Texas for whatever magic is in store.
|
| Strikes 4, 5, 6 ...
|
| This might not be nearly so annoying if not for the fact that the
| two Zune players at my household have also been plagued by
| persistent hardware and software failures, including the dreaded
| "skip bug" and a set of bum earbuds that required more than two
| hours of phone time with customer service before someone finally
| did the logical thing and sent me a new pair.
`----

http://www.fool.com/investing/value/2007/06/07/microsofts-xbotch.aspx

The latest version of KNode is awesome. It enables me to slice using search
(with regex) and then slice that result further with find-as-you-type sort of
interaction. It helps a lot when posting new items with related ones.

Linux rocks! (KDE rather, at least in this case)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Somebody, give this politician a wedgie"
 13:20:01 up 15 days, 18:48,  4 users,  load average: 1.79, 2.81, 2.92