[News] [Rival] Not Only Windows Vista Has Activation Problems

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Not Only Windows Vista Has Activation Problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:26:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Some iPhone users have activation delays: source

,----[ Quote ]
| AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel described the problems as partly technology
| related and partly process related.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSN0131451720070702?feedType=RSS

Days ago:

Anger Activation [of Windows Vista]

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently, I upgraded my home Linux server, so that I could run VMware on |
| it...
|
| [...]
|
| So I'm sitting here for about 3 hours then all of a sudden Windows greys out.
| A message comes up and says, I kid you not 'You have changed hardware: you
| will need to purchase a new license'. Purchase a new license of Vista...
| for upgrading my video card?
`----

http://www.rustylime.com/show_article.php?id=535

Related:

Vista to automatically revoke activation ?

,----[ Quote ]
| If this story really holds true it is a remarkable one. Why on earth
| would Windows Vista revoke the activation - this would be the main
| questions that would have to be answered.
|
| This pretty looks like a way for Microsoft to revoke the activation
| on systems that run known pirated keys or install software that
| would probably try to interfere with Windows Vista core processes.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2007/02/12/vista-to-automatically-revoke-activation/

Vista's EULA product activation worries

,----[ Quote ]