Re: [News] IBM Figures Show That Linux Pays Off

DFS wrote:

> Mark Kent wrote:
> > Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> >> IBM Turns In Its Best Second Quarter in Six Years
> >>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]
> >>
> >> http://www.itjungle.com/breaking/bn071807-story01.html
>
> > This is where we start to see the new markets appearing which indicate
> > that a disruptive technology is taking hold and creating new
> > commercial value.  You cannot have a "linux" commercial market in the
> > sense of licence revenue, because there is no such thing.
>
> So you agree Roy Schestowitz is lying - again - when he claims "IBM figures
> show that Linux pays off"?  As usual, his claim cannot be supported by the
> articles he links as references.

Both freetards seem to think that by saying "software is our largest
provider of IBM profit and our most stable source of growth" Mark
Loughridge (IBM's chief financial officer) meant "free software" and
not IBM's standard "U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use,
duplication, or disclosure restricted by the GSA ADP Schedule
Contract with the IBM Corporation" software stuff. Uh retards.

regards,
alexander.

--
"Mathematics is primarily a language for ensuring reliable results
in human social activity. "

         -- Columbia Professor Eben Anarcho-Dot Communist Moglen