Re: Microsoft stock breaks 5 year high today

____/ waterskidoo on Thursday 19 July 2007 18:33 : \____

> On 2007-07-19, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ____/ Dr. McGillicudy on Thursday 19 July 2007 15:06 : \____
>>
>>> Yet the lintards here keep saying how lienux is destroying Microsoft, how
>>> it's putting them out of business and all that jazz.
>>>
>>> Looks to me like things are better than ever in Seattle where the king of
>>> software continues to thrive, grow and dominate the computing world.
>>
>> Nymshifing. *plonk*
>>
>> Microsoft is among the biggest buyback-ers in the world. It's pumping up its
>> own stock at the expense of the loot... errr... cash reserves, I mean. Lost
>> over half of the cash reserves in the past 2 years alone. Won't last forever
>> with Web services around (notably Google) and Linux that forces them to
>> encourage/let be Office/Windows piracy.
>
> I don't follow the stock market but a little common sense WRT Microsoft's
> stock price increasing leads one in the direction of,'WTF?' for lack
> of a better term.
> Xbox360 disaster.
> Vista a slow roller at the moment, especially for upgrades and shrink wrap.
> All the bad press.
> Something does not smell right.
>
> I do know that whenever IBM announces layoffs the stock price goes up,
> traditionally anyhow, but Microsoft seems to be doing everything
> wrong and the stock soars.
> Something is rotten in Redmond me thinks.

Have a look at the latest blog entry from mini-microsoft. He links to items
that themselves itemise the many problems Microsoft is facing. As PJ said a
couple of weeks ago, the stock market is crazy (it is!). A company reports a
41% rise in earnings (and better than expected) and the stock then declines.
That was RHT on the NYSE. There are many more such example. There are many
factors to consider.

As I predicted. Robert Bash from Microsoft got caught inside trading and got
away with it. He stole money from MSFT investors! And nobody seems to mind or
take action. It's the same with Intel/Dell/Lenovo and their illegal,
undisclosed kickbacks.

It sometimes seems like fraud is just a away of business these days. Sadly, the
most 'successful' companies are also the most corrupt and vicious.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"