Re: Microsoft stock breaks 5 year high today

____/ Dr. McGillicudy on Thursday 19 July 2007 15:06 : \____

> Yet the lintards here keep saying how lienux is destroying Microsoft, how
> it's putting them out of business and all that jazz.
>
> Looks to me like things are better than ever in Seattle where the king of
> software continues to thrive, grow and dominate the computing world.

Nymshifing. *plonk*

Microsoft is among the biggest buyback-ers in the world. It's pumping up its
own stock at the expense of the loot... errr... cash reserves, I mean. Lost
over half of the cash reserves in the past 2 years alone. Won't last forever
with Web services around (notably Google) and Linux that forces them to
encourage/let be Office/Windows piracy.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | #FFFFFFF4 ADD &R1, "9999999", &BankAccount
 16:20:01 up 32 days, 21:48,  7 users,  load average: 1.01, 1.52, 1.85