[News] [Rival] European Commission to Investigate Microsoft Abuses in Office Suites

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] European Commission to Investigate Microsoft Abuses in Office Suites
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 01:56:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Faces EU Probe on Word, Excel Dominance, People Say

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp., the world's largest software maker, is facing deeper
| scrutiny from European regulators on whether it is abusing its dominance in
| word processing and spreadsheets, three people with direct knowledge of the
| case said.
`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&sid=aR9bHOp5bm3A&refer=europe

More information of Microsoft's latest setbacks and errrr... wrongdoing:

http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/5857

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1741

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1742

OOXML End Game: Things Start to Become Interesting

,----[ Quote ]
| The progress of a technical specification from development to adoption has a
| certain, often-lamented glacial quality to it, due to the consensus process
| involved. But while that process may be slow, it is not inexorable, and that
| which starts does not always finish.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070718060228231

Notes from Portugal on the July 16th Meeting on Ecma-376

,----[ Quote ]