Re: [News] Has Microsoft Monopoly Enabler (OOXML) Just Collapsed in the United States?

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 16 July 2007 16:45 : \____

>> OOXML Fails to Gain Approval in US
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| On Friday July 13th, INCITS V1 met via teleconference for 3 hours but
>>| failed to reach a 2/3 consensus necessary to recommend an "Approval, with
>>| comments" position on Microsoft "Office Open XML" (OOXML) document
>>| specification.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2007/07/ooxml-fails-to-gain-approval-in-us.html
>
> This bit is amazing - real corruption in action:
>
> At the start of the year, V1 had only 7 voting members. But by Friday's
> meeting V1 had 26 voting members.  There was a clear pattern in the voting
> where the long-time V1 members voted for the "Disapproval, with comments"
> position as well as "Abstention, with comments" while the newer members
> voted overwhelmingly "Yes, with comments" and against "Abstention with
> comments." This is not surprising since the new members were largely
> Microsoft business partners.
>
> Incredible - 19 new members appear on a committee, just a few days
> before the decision, they outnumber the long-standing members by a
> stunning 3:1.  And they're /all/ Microsoft partners.  Every single one.
>
> I wonder why the press don't cover these things?  Perhaps we should ask
> Ashley Highfield at the BBC whether the Microsoft (he calls it BBC)
> iPlayer will be allowed to play any non-pro-Microsoft material?

This is corruption indeed and it was the same in the ISO. Don't let people turn
a blind eye to it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | HTML is for page layout, not for textual messages
 23:20:02 up 30 days,  4:48,  7 users,  load average: 1.01, 1.41, 1.61