Re: [News] Firefox Derivative Fails to Impress

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 16 July 2007 17:07 : \____

> waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On 2007-07-16, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> Forking is good, in my view.  It shows vitality, committment and a
>>> recognition that sometimes the directions of projects are just not very
>>> consistent.  Truly successful forks often re-merge later, anyway.
>>
>> I tried swiftfox and while it seemed to work ok, I don't see
>> any real difference between it and the stock firefox that
>> is included with PClinuxos.
>
> Interesting... I've tried the fasterfox add-ons, seem to work quite
> well;  I've not tried swiftfox.

See the Get Swiftfox Web site. It tells the bigger story. Swiftfox isn't open
and it became a little controversial as a result. They cite security reasons,
but it's BS.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
Cpu(s): 26.3%us,  4.4%sy,  1.0%ni, 63.7%id,  4.1%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st