Re: [News] Demo/Walkthrough of ATI Open Source Driver (Avivo)

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 16 July 2007 15:44 : \____

>> Installing The Avivo Driver On Ubuntu
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| After the xorg.conf has been updated, restart X.Org and you should be good
>>| to go with an open-source ATI Radeon X1000 display driver. Eventually, this
>>| driver will also support the Radeon HD 2000 series. The Avivo driver also
>>| works with RandR 1.2 for dynamic display support.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=777&num=1
>>

> Again, we do *not* need binary blobs in Linux.  Choose them? Okay - need
> them?  No.  There's always another way.

Yes. but AMD ought to fund them, or at least provide some documentation.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: as good as Richard Stallman's dental higiene
Cpu(s): 26.5%us,  4.4%sy,  1.0%ni, 63.5%id,  4.1%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st