[News] Anti-Linux FUD from InformationWeek Continues, Authors Busted

  • Subject: [News] Anti-Linux FUD from InformationWeek Continues, Authors Busted
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:05:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
InformationWeek Declares SCO v. IBM Over and IBM Won. Huh?

,----[ Quote ]
| What is going on at InformationWeek? Let me guess. Nah. You are sophisticated
| enough to figure it out. But I think it's clear there is afoot an attempt to
| create the impression of some schism in the FOSS world.

So, InformationWeek tells us that you can't install Linux on laptops, that we
are a cult, that GPLv3 is evil, that Microsoft has legitimate IP claims, that
OpenOffice.org is dangerous, and that Linus calls us all "hyprocrites"...

Shame on InformationWeek. Another prostit... err... publication that sold
itself out to Bill and Steve. Also new:

Tester's Notebook: Ready, Get Set, Run

,----[ Quote ]
| We evaluated XenSource XenEnterprise 3.2, including its storage capabilities.
| Its lean code base and Windows and Linux paravirtualization tools make
| XenEnterprise a bargain compared with VMware, but some shops will want to
| hold out for 4.0.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201001080&subSection=All%20Stories

Not so long ago, another writer criticised Xen and received a lot of attention.
Not surprisingly, almost his entire blogroll was Microsoft employees. This was
not the first time that he attacked Open Source and Linux.

Shills abound.