Re: What's with the Win Raid floppy?

Roy Schestowitz came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment
ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> ____/ ed on Friday 13 July 2007 13:13 : \____
>
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:37:09 +0100
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> The only driver that typically needs to be installed (manually) in
>>> Linux is for the GPU. Even *that* has been simplified. In Ubuntu it
>>> now falls under "restriced drivers", so activation is about two
>>> clicks away (okay, maybe a few more). Installing Windows? Who ever
>>> installs Windows? It typically just gets forcefed with a PC and if it
>>> breaks, some "Windows expert" from next door is called in to spend
>>> half a day trawling the Web for drivers while trying to keep Trojans
>>> away.
>>
>> Graphics drivers are a problem, because the chip is closed. It's not
>> like the CPU, where it makes good sense to release details of how to
>> write assembler for it.
>>
>> Sucks to live next door.
>
> It's usually a teenager with a lot of spare time... not even charging for
> the 'virus removal exprtise'... and getting paid in cookies and milk.

You got cookies and milk? You jammy bastard.

All I get is invites for sleepovers. Not much sleeping goin' on tho...
--
Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: £1700
Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax: £600