Re: Microsoft Brags Guerrilla Marketing, Linspire Joins Alliance

On 26 Jul, 13:29, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

< ... >

> Linspire Joins Interop Vendor Alliance Program
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "Linspire has always been about choice and this alliance fits into that
> | key philosophy," said Kevin Carmony CEO, Linspire, Inc.
> `----
>
> http://www.linux-mag.com/id/3845/

Linspire - this is the distro that used to be called Lindows.  But was
forced to change its name because its similarity to "Windows" might
confuse some hypothetical idiot customer.  You'd think they would have
something against Microsoft, yet they couldn't wait to jump into bed
with the big boys.

I never liked the idea behind Linspire anyway.  They were called
"Lindows" because they were striving to make their user interface as
Windows-like as possible - I wonder if they managed to get the
instability, BSOD and insecurity right?