Re: [sclug] Defective by Design - BBC London Protest - August 14th (also, Manchester?)

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 30 July 2007 08:43 : \____

>> ____/ John Locke on Sunday 29 July 2007 19:21 : \____

>>> You guys are are right on this. If I remember right, TV licensing was going
>>> to attempt to fine people for watching the Wold Cup over broadband if they
>>> didn't have a TV license.
>>
>> On Friday I contacted the FSF and spoke to some others who organise the
>> events, but an event in Manchester seems unlikely. This might be about the
>> future of TV in the UK (ITV are in the same s**t as well, but it's privately
>> own).
>>

> It's impossible to recognise just how dangerous Microsoft are.  Recently
> someone compared them with terrorists, but that was unfair, terrorists
> are very poor at presenting themselves with a positive image;  Microsoft
> are able to do the most dreadful things, and yet can afford to pay for
> huge number of people to create for them a very positive image indeed
> whilst they are doing it.

Microsoft (and the BBC) will probably be served with some antitrust documents
over this whole fiasco. My COLA postings are proving useful here because I am
able to gather and supply evidence to build the case.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com