Re: Google Makes Progress on Open Access

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> DJ Google, Sprint Pact Could Heat Up Wireless War
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Wallsten, however, argued it is unclear their network will be truly open. "It
> | doesn't seem consistent with Google's claims for open access and net
> | neutrality," he said. "Clearly Google is going to benefit from this, and it
> | will be easier to use (Google) than Yahoo" or other rival services.

After suffering from substandard DSL for more than 4 years (distance
of me from the CO is greater than 12000 ft) and being promised higher
speeds for the last two that never materialized, I jumped ship to
Clearwire.    My old ISP charged $55 a month for DSL and gave me
768kbps.   Clearwire consistently delivers 1.5M and burstable to 2-3M
for $35/month.

Admittedly, I am a hop skip and a jump from the tower that broadcasts
the signal.

Sprint and Clearwire have been aligned to deliver the next gen
wireless, Wimax ( 75 Mbps) and Google recently partnered with them.
Short of Verizon actually getting their fiber plan into action, I
can't see anything being as good, especially when Clearwire release
their mobile modem for laptops.