Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Still Loathed (Digest)

Verily I say unto thee, that John Locke spake thusly:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:37:53 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> The secret is out, Microsoft. The reputation that you can’t be
>> trusted to deliver reliable software is getting around fast.
>
> That's about it in a nutshell. The biggest mistake Microsoft has made is
> that they created  an OS that "they'd" like to see...not what the
> customer would like to see.

I've said this before, but Vista seems to be all about downgrading and
inhibiting the users, whilst upgrading and empowering Microsoft's
control of those users. There seems to be little in there that is of any
actual benefit to those it *should* benefit, and even those features
that do (on paper) seem to offer something better than XP (e.g.
ReadyBoost) don't seem to work out to be very beneficial in practice.

Those unfortunate enough to downgrade to Vista, seem to have paid an
awful lot of money for nothing but the rather dubious "privilege" of
being fleeced by Microsoft ... yet again.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 21:01:46 up 27 days, 19:56,  5 users,  load average: 0.47, 0.30, 0.28