Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Still Loathed (Digest)

____/ waterskidoo on Saturday 28 July 2007 20:56 : \____

> On 2007-07-28, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> They should just move to Linux. XP won't live forever and it's a step /back/
>> in time. It's like running back when crossing a bridge rather than just
>> reaching for the end whilst you're 3/4 there.
>
> Some of them are testing the waters as we speak
>
>> This morning I received a parcel from some anonymous person (I didn't know
>> these can be shipped anonymously). In contained DVDs with "screensavers"...
>> but these are merely Windows installers that install OpenSUSE 10.2 without
>> the user's awareness. Maybe I'll give of these to my sister...
>
> That's really sneaky!
> Does the install clobber the users Windows partition?
> If so, I would suspect someone trying to give Linux a bad name.

I haven't checked. The parcel had a letter in it, but it was very cryptic,
saying my FTP server was not anonymous enough and that distribution of GPL
software without sources could lead to trouble. Either way, I didn't even know
what it was all about until I got back and got hold of a DVD drive. I just
browsed the files. Seems like Opensuse's Wubi equivalent, but with a cloak of
stealth. I heard/read about it before, but I thought it was still under heavy
testing or something.

>> Install screensavers, get *nixed!
> That's funny <mesmiles>!

The letter also ended with the words "what if they gave out these CDs to
everyone in Manchester University (without explaining what it's all about?"

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s): 27.0%us,  4.5%sy,  1.0%ni, 62.9%id,  4.2%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st