Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Still Loathed (Digest)

____/ waterskidoo on Saturday 28 July 2007 18:16 : \____

> On 2007-07-28, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Vista Nightmare: The ?Oww!? Starts Now
>>
>> http://www.pseudomarketing.com/vista-nightmare-oww/
>>
>> Friday Rant - Things I hate about Windows Vista
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Then finally there?s the overall productivity angle.  Sure, Vista looks
>>| kinda nice but I?m still not sold on whether ?WOW!? translates into extra
>>| productivity, even if I ignore all the headaches and hassles.  I won?t
>>| argue that there are some features in Vista that are cool, but there?s
>>| nothing that
>>| I couldn?t live without.  There?s also a shed load of features that feel
>>| squarely aimed at the home user that to be honest I don?t miss when I shift
>>| back to an XP system.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=663
>
> This is pretty much what I am hearing from people I know.
> Some of it is due to ignorance in that users don't fully
> realize that much of the improvements over XP are not
> visual. IOW to them Vista looks just like XP pretty much anyway.
> For other people, Vista is just a headache and like it says
> above, what are gains?
> Is it worth it considering the down side?
> And still others have tried Vista and went back to
> XP because of incompatibility problems with software
> and hardware.

They should just move to Linux. XP won't live forever and it's a step /back/ in
time. It's like running back when crossing a bridge rather than just reaching
for the end whilst you're 3/4 there.

This morning I received a parcel from some anonymous person (I didn't know
these can be shipped anonymously). In contained DVDs with "screensavers"...
but these are merely Windows installers that install OpenSUSE 10.2 without the
user's awareness. Maybe I'll give of these to my sister...

Install screensavers, get *nixed!

An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=