Re: [News] Microsoft 'Open Source' an Attempt to Steal from and Discriminate Against Linux

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 23:02:21 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>John Locke wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 00:52:59 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft's Open-Source Contradiction
>>
>> "And we've worked very hard on making the value of a commercial
>> company surpass what the open-source community can deliver, because
>> frankly, it's not a business model we can embrace. It's inconsistent
>> with shareholder value."
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Its called greed. They could probably go open source and sell support
>> like Redhat, but they would have to scale the company down. I would
>> think this
>> would be VERY consistent with "shareholder value".
>
>I don't hear you volunteering to work free for the next 10 years. >  Why not?
You're hearing aid battery has gone dead ?
>Greedy, I guess.
You're foolish to make such statements Mr. DuFuS. Making assumptions
based on no factual input is juvenile.

Noone at Microshaft would ne working for free. There's good money is providing
software support services...just not the big piles of money like Microshaft
has been used to.