Re: [News] Microsoft 'Open Source' an Attempt to Steal from and Discriminate Against Linux

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 00:52:59 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Microsoft's Open-Source Contradiction

"And we've worked very hard on making the value of a commercial company surpass
what the open-source community can deliver, because frankly, it's not a business
model we can embrace. It's inconsistent with shareholder value."

Its called greed. They could probably go open source and sell support like
Redhat, but they would have to scale the company down. I would think this
would be VERY consistent with "shareholder value".