Re: [News] [Rival] European Union Reveals Wintel Kickbacks and "Dumping"

____/ 7 on Saturday 28 July 2007 10:35 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> EU outlines Intel 'market abuse'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | It accused the world's largest chipmaker of giving rebates to
>> | customers provided they bought Intel products and offering
>> | incentives to companies to delay or cancel products containing
>> | AMD technology.
>> |
>> | Furthermore, it said Intel had offered microchips for computer
>> | servers at below cost.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6918975.stm
>>
>> If found to be true, then you're looking at more criminals wearing black
>> suits.
>

> What sucks about regulators is that they don't punish the companies
> to inflict serious damage on their profits that make the companies,
> directors and investors think twice and put in open controls and scrutiny.
> All that happens is a few light taps on their shoulder, one or
> two executives part company and the whole thing is forgotten
> and brushed under the carpet despite serious criminal wrong doing
> that goes all the way to the top.
> Big corporations are above the law.

Watch this new comment.

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1755#comment-3515

Neelie should be like a pitbull on a poodle over Microsoft's corruption. Sadly,
in the past, Microsoft drove her away using smear campaigns and retaliations.
It's down to the politicians, who refuse to step in and intervene.

Sadly, this October I'll have a brother in-law who works at Intel. All those
kickbacks are not his faults, but then again it reminds me of the "we were
just following orders" excuse from the 1950s.

Is it a stupid sig? Why yes it is!
 12:00:01 up 41 days, 17:28,  5 users,  load average: 1.63, 1.67, 1.55