Re: [Rival] Rumour: Vista Won't be Fixed Until 2009

____/ Darth Chaos on Saturday 28 July 2007 08:47 : \____

> On Jul 27, 3:07 pm, John Locke <johnlocke98...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:01:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >Microsoft's Vista SP1 fixes not out until 2009?
>>
>> What this indicates to me is that Vista is just too damn complicated
>> to maintain. The source code must be a real rats nest. That makes the
>> product commercially unviable. Time to scrap this thing and go back to
>> square one.
>>
>> How about reviving Windows 2000 Pro?  I liked this OS.
>
> I agree. Windows peaked at Windows 2000. It's been a slide down a
> fecal-encrusted slide ever since.
>
> (Sorry for that analogy.) :)

The last one I used was 98. I used 2000 briefly at work, but it didn't offer
much gain. I also used XP briefly at another job (I preferred Mac OS 9 at the
time) and it was like Windows 2000 with kindergarten 'wrapping'.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "The speed of time is one second per second"
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=