Re: Digg spurns Google for young Microsoft ..

On 2007-07-27, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:33:00 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> When I came to think about it, the shills won in a way. I no longer submit many
>> stories that criticise or expose Microsoft. When I did, then quite
>> immediately, the 'usual suspects' would strike within minutes or hours. You
>> can find like 10-30 comments on Comes vs Microsoft submissions that never even
>> made the front page (they got buried beforehand). Many of them still have PR5,
>> so a simply Google search leads to them (like a gateway to a PDF that cannot
>> be interpreted).
>
> No, Roy.  You are completely dense and unable to comprehend the truth.
>
> The fact of the matter is, you made enemies on Digg.  Lots of them.
> Because you posted your usual fraudulent headlines and made inappropriate
> and off-topic comments.  Digg users don't like that, and they retaliated
> against you.  For example, when you accused a particular blogger of only
> posting pro-microsoft stories when only a few of his hundreds of stories
> were microsoft related.
>
> You seem unable to understand how your attitude and actions cause people to
> dislike you.  You're only conclusion is that they must be paid shills,
> because you can't conceive that people might not actually like what you
> say, or how you say it, or the methods you use to say it.
>
> Why don't you take a good hard look at yourself, your posting history, the
> comments people have made to you, etc..

I think it's human nature to assume that a person who posts a large
number of messages must have some ulterior motive.
This is especially true in the type of forums we are talking
about *advocacy, digg, etc.
Go into a Toyota group and start posting all kinds of pro-Toyota
messages and people are going to assume you are a shill for
Toyota.