Re: [News] Linux Users, Microsoft Thinks Its Can Steal Your Wallet

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 27 July 2007 13:11 : \____

>> Linspire agreement 'undermines GPL rights'
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Pamela Jones, editor of the website Groklaw, in an analysis published on
>>| Sunday, said the agreement has so many other loopholes that it is nearly
>>| useless for Linspire customers.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| Microsoft has said it expects to increase its revenues by selling patent
>>| protection agreements to an ever larger number of open source users.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1011202770&rid=-50
>
> Software patents do not apply outside the US, Canada, Australia and
> Mexico.

Some E-mails that I received from Spain today indicate that Microsoft will try
tactics that are similar to OOXML (monopoly enablement) in order to pass
software patent in the EU. FFII will be there to defend.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'