Re: [Rival] Microsoft Grabs Real Estate (Content) in Site with Anti-Microsoft Slant

____/ Darth Chaos on Friday 27 July 2007 02:12 : \____

> On Jul 26, 6:06 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Microsoft to provide advertising for Digg
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | It also allows Digg, the most-visited Web site for technology news,
>> | according to online audience measurement firm Hitwise Inc, to focus on
>> | improving its site without having to create its own sales to sell banner
>> | advertising.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKN2536671020070725?rpc=44
>>
>> I am the most prolific commenter there. Does this mean that all the Linux
>> pages will now feature "Get the Facts"? Arggghhhhh....
>>
>> That's what people used to fear. Microsoft intervening with Digg's
>> content...
>
> I guess this means that douchebag Kevin Rose will start censoring
> anything that they interpret as "pro-Linux, anti-MS". Never did like
> Rose anyway.

No, they never do this. Trust me, I wrote many thousands of comments, some of
which very unflattering to Microsoft. I even included PDFs about Microsoft in
submissions, filed them under UNIX/Linux and these never got me reprimanded or
been removed. Digg rarely censors. It only saw one submission removed and I
suspect misfiling was the reason (I put a Free software video under
UNIX/Linux, not Videos). They also removed a comment once or twice, but it
only makes like 0.01% of the whole.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
 04:00:02 up 40 days,  9:28,  5 users,  load average: 1.27, 1.55, 1.91