[News] [Rival] People Relieved to Get Back to 2001 (Windows XP)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] People Relieved to Get Back to 2001 (Windows XP)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:03:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
I' Running Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s a rare scene that you will catch me using Windows Vista. In fact, it’s
| even a miracle that I’m using that blasted operating system. However, it was
| not my choice as the commandment was handed down by the master chief and I’m
| force to oblige. According to him, I was to trial run the damn thing and see
| whether any problem comes out before the whole office decided to embrace
| Vista. Biting my tongue, I let the operating system install on my working
| system.
`----

http://www.jaselee.com/blog/2007/07/24/im-running-vista/

Poor chap had an 'upgrade' (or so they told him).

So long Vista, Hello, XP Nice to see you again.

,----[ Quote ]
| I realized how much I missed XP with its simpler but just as functional
| interface, and it cemented my preference for the matte screen over the glossy
| ones.
`----

http://www.nelsonguirado.com/index.php/techreviews/2007/07/25/so_long_vista_hello_xp_nice_to_see_you_a

Pictures:

XP weirdness: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10500824@N06/895637938/

Vista shot in foot:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/funhouse/71380-just-thought-ms-couldnt-get-any-stupider.html#post527203

Vista compatibility issues with _Microsoft_ Office Online:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10509199@N04/898955350/

Lot of more 'fun' with Vista:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/members/safety_and_security/vista2.html