Re: OT: is IRC dead or something?

____/ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Wednesday 25 July 2007 13:55 : \____

> chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>>Some say E-mail is officially dead because of SPAM,.
>
>> I doubt that anyone would seriously think that, given that it's used
>> daily by hundreds of millions...
>
> ...of spammers... hourly.
> :/

Over 90% of the E-mail traffic is SPAM, spewed out from Windows botnets all
across the world. Who is paying for those poor mail servers, the electricity
bills, and the staff that operated them? Who deletes all that SPAM and suffers
the loss of valuable bandwidth?

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
 15:20:01 up 38 days, 20:48,  5 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.35, 0.71