Re: Google revenue edges past Windows'

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 24 July 2007 13:19 : \____

> <Quote>
> It's official: Google is now bigger than Windows...
>
> It also shows the growing financial clout of Google, founded less than
> a decade ago. And it explains why Microsoft, at more than 30 years of
> age, is trying to make itself a viable competitor in the online market
> that Google has largely defined...
>
> Microsoft still makes a much bigger profit from its PC operating
> system than Google makes from its business...
>
> Putting all that aside, more than anything else, the milestone
> illustrates the meteoric rise of Google's advertising-based business.
> Three years ago, in the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2004, the company's
> revenue of $805 million was less than a third of Microsoft's PC
> Windows revenue at the time....
>
> But if current trends continue, Google will be so far enough ahead of
> Windows that it won't take much crunching of numbers to see which is
> largest.
>
> A simple comparison provides a sense of where things are headed:
> Microsoft is projecting revenue growth of 9 percent to 10 percent in
> the PC Windows division this fiscal year. And what was Google's
> revenue growth during the first six months of this year?
>
> Sixty percent.
> </Quote>
>
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/324666_software23.html

Does that mean that Google OS /already/ is more valuable than Windows? /sarcasm

I've noticed that many threads have begun discussing News Picks, which is a
wonderful thing! Thanks, N.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
Swap:  1510068k total,   669176k used,   840892k free,    62536k cached