Re: [News] Acer Angry at Microsoft over Vista, Says Entire Industry is "Disappointed", Introduces Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 24 July 2007 11:44 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 24 July 2007 07:46 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> We've got global warming driving people out of their homes in their
>>> thousands, but we need PCs which use /even more power?/ I think not.
>>
>> This whole philosophy of 'driving the economy' by buying bigger and
>> consuming more absolutely must end. In fact, for that matter, people must
>> realise that greener means 'more expensive' and more 'time consuming'.
>> Nothing is free.
>>

> Sustainability is really critical for us now.  Or build some boats.

Try to say this to people who are "too busy making money", or "too busy to
worry about this", or "feel convinced that those 'scientists' are right and
it's just a natural climate change".

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
Cpu(s): 27.0%us,  4.5%sy,  1.0%ni, 63.0%id,  4.1%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st