Re: Mass Production of $100 GNU/Linux Laptops Given the GREEN LIGHT!

Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> Windows uses less power than Linux on my machine : it's power management
>> is vastly superior and Linus himself has said that proper Linux power
>> management is a pipe dream.
>
> Windows uses less power than Linux on your machine because you don't know
> what you are doing with Linux.

Wrong, because on both my laptop and my desktop both suspend and
hibernate simply do not work.

> Where did Linus Torvalds say that proper Linux power management is a pipe
> dream? I can't find a reference.

Slight misquoute, but you will find the link here

http://www.linuxtoday.com/developer/2007053002126NWHWKN

"Linus noted that he had no interest in Suspend to Disk (STD)"

btw, It really doesnt work and 3 seconds with google shows that it
doesnt work for a LOT of people.