Re: [News] GIMP Usability Study Tool Available to the Public

BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> Just because other available functions are used less it doesn't mean they
> have no value, it is only that you are less likely to use them on a regular
> basis, but invaluable if you do need them.

Nah, I think with a study like this, it's more likely to be to do with
function placement. Prominence. Etc.

If they find a function deep in a menu heirarchy is commonly used, they'll
move it out to a more eaily reachable place. If something that's at the top
of a menu structure turns out to not be used often, it might be moved down a
little.

It's good that they're doing this. The wintrolls have been targetting the
gimp's user interface for years because "It's not like photoshop's so it's
useless".

So if they conduct a few studies to rejig the interface to make it more
friendly, all the better.

--
|                          |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack|
|  spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|