Re: [News] [Rival] Vista Problems Lead to Linux Discussions

____/ John Locke on Sunday 22 July 2007 19:24 : \____

> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:28:31 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>| Microsoft's on-the-box minimum RAM requirement "really isn't
>>| realistic," according to David Short, an IBM consultant who works
>>| in its company's Global Services Divison. He says users should
>>| consider 4GB of RAM if they really want optimum Vista performance.
>>| With 512MB of RAM, Vista will deliver performance that's
>>| "sub-XP," he warned.
>
> Microsoft expects the users to accommodate bloated Vista by spending
> more money for hardware. Totally ridiculous. It should have been the
> other way around. Microsoft should have designed a streamlined OS
> that would run on the users current hardware configuration.
> Microsoft should be helping people with their computing needs.
> Instead they've left a bunch of people with a big burden just so
> they can increase their revenue flow.

I wish I still have the reference at hand where Bill Gates expressed his
frustration about Vista being so "fat".

...We all know what Allchin said about Longhorn at the time because Comes vs
Microsoft had an E-mail leaked. He called it "a pig" and mentioned Linux as a
challenge. These people should know...

Oh wait.... Allchin left Microsoft and Gates is leaving soon as well (he'll
play 'politics' in order to defend a technically-inferior product).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
 02:20:01 up 36 days,  7:48,  5 users,  load average: 2.00, 1.91, 1.97