[News] [Linux] Wireless Meshes and Free Games Make OLPC Unique

Inside One Laptop per Child: Episode 03

,----[ Quote ]
| Since piloting this video series, we've received lots of questions
| about the XO's mesh network. How can these laptops "talk" to each
| other even without widespread internet access?
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/06/08/inside-one-laptop-per-child-episode-03/

One Laptop Per Child to hold software jam for the XO

,----[ Quote ]
| And while there are many good Linux programs, not all are suitable
| for the XO because of its relatively limited processing power. So
| XO designers are working to modify existing Linux software for
| the new machine, and to get new programs ready.
|
| Lots of useful programs are ready, according to Walter Bender, One
| Laptop Per Child president of software and content. AbiWord, a simple
| Linux word processor, works fine on the XO. There's also a
| spreadsheet program called Gnumeric and a modified version of
| the popular Firefox Internet browser.
`----

http://www.boston.com/business/personaltech/articles/2007/06/09/let_the_games_begin/
http://tinyurl.com/24okam

Related:

Nigerian students power up their laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Khaled Hassounah, director of Nicholas Negroponte's One Laptop Per
| Child (OLPC) program in Africa and the Middle East, has spent the
| last year touring schools in Nigeria. He and his team chose a school
| 10 miles outside Nigeria's capital, Abuja, to deploy the company's
| first child-friendly laptops in the region.
`----

http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6175025-1.html?part=rss&tag=6175025&subj=news

My Look At Sugar [One laptop per child]

,----[ Quote ]