Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Might Cut XBox 360 Price; Wii Grows Up in Preparation for Wiin

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Xbox 360 price cuts coming before Christmas?

So what if there is a price cut for the Xbox 360? That's a good thing.

> PS3 is another opportunity for faster Linux growth and Blu-ray does
> very well, urging Microsoft to consider supporting it.

No. PS3 is not selling well at all.  NPD sales are decreasing every month in
America and Wii sales are, I believe, 5 times more than PS3 in Japan.

> Nintendo makes Microsoft swallow greater losses, which have already
> reached a colossal scale. They weaken and limit the monopoly's
> ability to push 'Trojan horses' into people's home.

The Xbox 360 is expected to make Microsoft a profit in 2008 and many
analysts go along with the same view with growth in the online sector with
it's Marketplace and now with the expansion of Live onto PC, PC gamers can
finally play against Xbox 360 gamers.

> Sony plans to ship 11 million PS3s this year

But still, NPD figures are down and PS3 is struggling to Japan as Wii takes
over the market. In Europe people don't like the PS3 due to it's price tag
and less compatibility with PS2 games.

> Sony consoles will continue to rule over Microsoft: report

That's Australia and counts for very little of the market. At the PS3 launch
in Australia at one event, Sony asked people to line up and pretend they
were buying a console to make it look busy for TV crews. Desperate? I think
so.

--
Mike
Scottish....and proud of it