Re: COLA Stats: Saturday the 9th of June, 2007.

> If you're going to filter the trolls

The absence of the Trolls' stats is an error.

I recently upgraded the server (sky) that hosts the leafnode spool, and
it turns out that Fedora 7 uses a new default setting in an essential file.

My leafnode server usually filters all the Trolls, but for the stats I
have a helper script which re-fetches those Troll posts from the past
week, using a less aggressive filter:

###### part of cola-stats
rm -f /etc/leafnode/config
cp /etc/leafnode/config.stats /etc/leafnode/config
sudo -u news rsync --delete -aHz /var/spool/news/ /shared/news/
sudo -u news /usr/sbin/fetchnews -q -w -x 6000
######

6000 is just an arbitrarily large number to ensure sufficient coverage
(it's rsync'ed back to it's previous state after the stats have been
compiled).

I just logged in to the server and read the local root mail:

######