[News] [OSS] The Many Things to Like in Linux and Open Source Software

Ten Things I Like About Linux, and a List of Lists About Open Source

,----[ Gist ]
| Top Ten Reasons to Use Open Source...
|
| 1. Robustness
| 2. Reliability
| 3. Efficiency
| 4. Maintainability
| 5. No/low-cost
| 6. Standards-based computing
| 7. Security
| 8. Openness
| 9. Usability
| 10. Portability
`----

http://www.b-eye-network.com/view/4604

Ingres's Roger Burkhardt on the innovation opportunity of open source

,----[ Quote ]
| He also highlighted the growth of Datallegro which has built a data
| warehouse appliance business on top of the Ingres database. "They
| would not have been able to build that business without open source,"
| said Burkhardt, echoing comments made by EnterpriseDB CEO, Andy
| Astor, in January about his company?s use of PostgreSQL as a building
| block. "It's a proof point that open source allows smaller companies
| to innovate a lot faster, and also a proof point for Ingres," Burkhardt
| added.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/06/ingress_roger_b.html

Vendors Duke It Out Over Open Source 'Forking'

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://searchcio.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid19_gci1259981,00.html
http://tinyurl.com/2mselr