[News] [Linux] In Defence of the Flexibility in Linux

Mobile is dead! (or the flexibility of Linux)

,----[ Quote ]
| I don't think there is any compatibility between say Vista and Mobile
| or even Mobile and CE. You have different tool sets for many of
| these, completely different kernels in many cases and some have
| arbitrary limitations that I don't quite understand from a
| technical perspective. Behind the scenes this all has to be a
| nightmare to manage and I'd guess the duplication of effort
| is astounding. Makes me glad I run Linux on almost every device I own.
`----

http://jeremy.linuxquestions.org/2007/06/07/mobile-is-dead-or-the-flexibility-of-linux/

On the other hand (sharp contrast):

On the Bench: PCLinuxOS 2007, radically simple?

,----[ Quote ]
| Using the KDE desktop as a starting point does provide some
| challenges of course. It is most similar to the Windows
| interface, but at the same time it makes as many options
| as possible available to the enduser which works against
| the effort of making the desktop simple. If the PCLinuxOS
| team wants to do something radical it needs to re-design
| the KDE desktop. Of course this would alienate the more
| experienced KDE users in its fanbase, but then again who
| is the user you want to create a distribution for?
`----

http://opensourcelearning.info/blog/?p=359

Nice screenshots too:

http://www.opensourcelearning.info/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=221&g2_page=1