Re: [News] [Linux] Ubuntu Founder Does Not Believe in Google's Motives; Microsoft Still Just Words, No Action

"John A. Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Google - Don't be evil, don't be too evil, just drop it
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Shuttleworth does not think that the people at Google are immune
>> to | that element of human nature, and that they may just abuse
>> their | tremendous market power.
>> | | "We have already seen how they went from 'Don't be evil' to |
>> Don't be very evil' to 'lets just drop that'," Shuttleworth said.
>
> I've seen many cases of "Microsoft Fever" at Google.
>
> The latest stock kiter is "Google Gears" -- which is a javascript
> based data cache.
>
> Great -- it's the same thing everyone's been able to do with JSON for
> years now -- but some *Genius* at Google /productizes/ it and suddenly
> it's a Google Thing.

Its called utilising something.

> Where's the innovation?

Innovations  means nothing if no one uses it.

> Not to be found -- but raiding the web for stuff and sticking the
> world "Google" in front of it...well, sounds like our old friends are
> up to their tricks...

Yup. Bringing tested, documented, useful SW and components to the
masses. Like MS did with the GUI desktop.

--
Store in a cool place.